Saturday 8 February 2014

Shiai Jutsu


SHIAI JUTSU
Dear Members
Over recent years the move to a grapple/strike Martial Arts Format seems to be the vogue and a lot of youngsters have asked to do this form. On the whole the idea of young children doing ground and pound is abhorrent so I have re-introduced a modified for of SHIAI JUTSU, which is a mixture of traditional Karate and Judo and in a semi contact form.

I have had a lot of interest from Children in SportCombatSombo which I do not think is really suitable for Children under 14. So instead I may revitalise my Shiai Jitsu (Competition Art) which I tried 30 years ago. Shiai is more suitable as only allows semi contact kicks and punches, it allows limited amount of Gi holding (45 seconds this stops it becoming a Judo Match)
Points are given as follows:
3pts controlled semi contact kick to head
3pts for a high throw
1 pt for Kick to Body, Punch to head or body (Punches, Kicks Karate style not boxing or kickboxing) Strikes can not be scored once in grappled position
Hold on Floor 5 sec 1pt 10 secs 2pts 15 secs 3pts (Max 3pts on ground)
Submission from Strangle, Armlock or Leglock (Adults and 12 years and above)
Highest score wins or win by submission
Competitors wear a Judogi’s , shin/instep protectors, head guard and sparring mitts

I thought this would add to your Karate judo lesson I also will have a grading syllabus in the future

I would welcome your comments

No comments:

Post a Comment